[cvsnt] Upgrade suggestions

P. Dwayne Miller dmiller at espgroup.net
Tue Sep 24 14:31:55 BST 2002

I will soon be tasked to move our CVSNT server (repository only) to new
hardware.  I thought this would be a good time to upgrade the software,
which has been working fine.  We are currently using

Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57c)
(client/server)

with WinCVS version 1.3.8.1 Beta 8 (Build 1) as the client.

Just skimming the newsgroup for what I have missed over the past months,
I noticed that support for ntserver protocol is dying, if not already
dead, and SSPI is the way to go.

I'm running NT4 on both the current CVSNT server and the system I'll be
migrating the CVSNT server to and we've been using the :NTSERVER
protocol.  The question is... what do I need to do in order to migrate
the repository from one system to another if I install the latest CVSNT
server software on the new system?

Forgive me if this is answered online somewhere, but I did not see it.

Thanks