[cvsnt] Impersonation failed

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Sep 24 14:10:42 BST 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:34:06 +0300, Andrus Suitsu
<andrus.suitsu at proekspert.ee> wrote:

>Oops -- troubled people showed up complaining about CVS problems! I thought
>everything will be back fine if I give access rights to Everyone but it was
>too late. And also the error was a new one -- impersonation failed. At the

The 'impersonation failed' error means that the account the CVS is
running under doesn't have 'Create a system level token' privilege.
It shoud be there by default for LocalSystem, but you need to add it
if you change the user the service runs under.