[cvsnt] RE: Impersonation failed

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Sep 24 15:37:12 BST 2002

With sspi the authentication is similar to the ntserver protocol but the data
are transferred over TCP/IP portv 2401 so it can be firewalled.
I have tested this from the Internet and it works fine.
SSPI also can use the passwd file to limit access, if there is no passwd file
then access is for all NT users. To limit access you need a passwd file in the
repository CVSROOT directory containing a list of the accepted user logins.
No passwords, only names.

SSPI is the future protocol preference for CVSNT, Tony will phase out ntserver
and pserver is too easy to hack. SSPI has an encryption switch too, so all data
can be encrypted in transfer.

/Bo