[cvsnt] Crash on socket connect

Timo Kauppinen timo.kauppinen at lut.fi
Tue Sep 24 17:34:59 BST 2002

I've had cvsnt running in my system for 6 months now and suddenly it stopped
working. I tried to debug it with -test switch but as soon a socket is
connected, cvsservice crashes. Just a plain telnet was used to connect the
service.

"The instruction at "0x10008690" referenced memory at "0x00000000"....".

and here's the output from command prompt:

CVS 1.11.1.3  (Build 57i) (Sep 13 2002) starting in test mode.
Repository prefix set to D:/***
Adding repository D:/***/CVS
TEMP/TMP currently set to ***
Initialising socket...ok
*WARNING* Impersonation is disabled - all file access will be done as System
user
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Starting named pipe server...
CVS initialised successfully
<and then nothing --- crashes silently>

So, anyone got an idea how to fix the cvs? No sw installations or anything
like that has been made recently (that I'm aware of).I updated to the latest
version of CVSNT but that apparently didn't help too much.

--.timo