[cvsnt] Re: Crash on socket connect

Timo Kauppinen timo.kauppinen at lut.fi
Tue Sep 24 18:29:05 BST 2002

At the moment there's no other option than re-installing the whole Windows.

Before that I'd like to try anything else.. It shouldn't be too difficult to
track down the problem since it's happening so soon in the execution. No
repositories are read at that point, I guess.

In fact the service has been crashes once or twice earlier (long long time
ago), and for that reason I'd like to see also a debug version of the
cvsservice..

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:3d909483.104356609 at news.cvsnt.org...
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:34:59 +0300, "Timo Kauppinen"
> <timo.kauppinen at lut.fi> wrote:
>
> >I've had cvsnt running in my system for 6 months now and suddenly it
stopped
> >working. I tried to debug it with -test switch but as soon a socket is
> >connected, cvsservice crashes. Just a plain telnet was used to connect
the
> >service.
> >
> >"The instruction at "0x10008690" referenced memory at "0x00000000"....".
> >
> >and here's the output from command prompt:
> >
> >CVS 1.11.1.3  (Build 57i) (Sep 13 2002) starting in test mode.
> >Repository prefix set to D:/***
> >Adding repository D:/***/CVS
> >TEMP/TMP currently set to ***
> >Initialising socket...ok
> >*WARNING* Impersonation is disabled - all file access will be done as
System