[cvsnt] Re: Crash on socket connect

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Sep 24 18:54:01 BST 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:29:05 +0300, "Timo Kauppinen"
<timo.kauppinen at lut.fi> wrote:

>At the moment there's no other option than re-installing the whole Windows.
>
>Before that I'd like to try anything else.. It shouldn't be too difficult to
>track down the problem since it's happening so soon in the execution. No
>repositories are read at that point, I guess.
>
>In fact the service has been crashes once or twice earlier (long long time
>ago), and for that reason I'd like to see also a debug version of the
>cvsservice..

If you have a compiler then it might be worth running in debug just to
see if there's anything that can be trapped in the future.  Also try
different protocols since they have different codepaths, etc.
:ntserver: is totally different (since it doesn't even use a socket).
:pserver: is the most volatile as it's vulnerable to changes on the
domain controller, although it shouldn't crash.