[cvsnt] Best document for newbie adding first proj to CVSNT

Steffen.Beyer at conducta.endress.com Steffen.Beyer at conducta.endress.com
Mon Sep 30 12:21:46 BST 2002

Hi again!

> > This macro does an automation of the cvs add method and recurses
through
> > folders. It also tries to detect the binary/text state of files.

> Sorry to disappoint you. There's no detection going on. It's just a
> hardcoded list of file extensions. You could however easily extend that
list
> yourself (it's right at the beginning of the macro's source and fairly
> self-explanatory I should think). If I should someday figure out how to
> really make persistency work in macros, I might add functionality in the
> future to at least remember the settings per file extension so you will
not
> have to set them twice.

Is it possible to use Perl in the macros?
Then you might not need persistency, Perl provides
file tests -B and -T to detect binary/text files.
This would give you a good guess (usually correct!)
to start with in most cases, and would thus reduce
the cases in which you would have to manually set
the text/binary status.

> FWIW: The macros are at http://people.freenet.de/ogiesen/ogmacros.zip .
> If there's need I think we should continue this on the cvsgui list.
> Oliver

Cheers,
Steffen