[cvsnt] Newbie: remote login with sspi

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Apr 1 06:25:39 BST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:32:09 -0700, "Glen Starrett"
<grstarrett at cox.net> wrote:

>My understanding on the passwd file as it relates to sspi is not the same as
>what Bo stated.  I am not using a passwd file with sspi, it is not
>necessary.

I did not mean to say it is necessary, only that it can serve as a
means to limit the access to the CVS system. I don't use it myself,
instead we control access to the repository through the NTFS
filesystem and group permissions. This is the reason I also said that
using passwd to control access via sspi you need to fiddle with the
authentication settings. This is what Tony has said before. Haven't
tested that myself since we have an AD domain.
The simples way is to just set up sspi in the cvsroot and start using
it, but in that case everyone on the domsin will have access to CVS
which is probably not what you want...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)