[cvsnt] Re: Using CVSNT and Norton-Antivirus on same Machin

L. Li ll2li at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Apr 13 06:31:30 BST 2003

I'm running NAV 2003 and CVSNT concurrently and I've had no problems for
about a month of operation. Mind you, I'm not using CVSNT extensively. I
merely use it's basic features on a regular basis. On a related note, McAfee
and CVSNT does not work well. From my experience with McAfee v6.0 and v7.0,
it seems that the following is the case:

v6.0 - Skip the install of McAfee Firewall and you can have CVSNT working
alongside McAfee Antivirus.
v7.0 - This does not work in anyway. Installing just Antivirus, or both
crashes CVSNT service on any CVS command.

I have no idea what the actual cause of this bug is (I don't have the time
to debug it - seems pretty obscure too). But I haven't enjoyed McAfee's
incessant need to reboot on virus definition updates so I haven't really
been affected by the switch to Norton.

news:b72efl$vnj$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...