[cvsnt] Re: Using CVSNT and Norton-Antivirus on same Machin

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Apr 14 19:29:20 BST 2003

On a related note, I'm using NAV on my server (also lightly used, primarily
by me at this time) with it's real-time protection on.  I did tell it to
exclude the CVS directories (temp + repos) and I checked the "Check
exclusions before scanning" otherwise it *still* scans the file, it just
doesn't report anything if it found something.

I haven't had any problems yet--but "yet" is the key word.  I am backing up
the repositories nightly and waiting to see what happens.  I am hoping that
NAV can run alongside because this server is used for other purposes than
just CVS and still needs the protection.

Supported interop with NAV would be the highest thing on my "wish list" for
CVSNT.

Glen Starrett