[cvsnt] Re: Ampersand modules again [was: cvs checkout -d broken in 2.0.0?]

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 08:49:00 BST 2003

tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) writes:

> >But now I saw an even more bad behaviour: While using the workaround
> >
> >cvs checkout ampermod
> >ren ampermod xyz
> >
> >i even get a corrupted working copy *without* the -d option.
> >
> Have you tried 2.0.1?  That doesn't do the ampersand correctly if
> you don't specify the '-d' but seems to be OK if you do. (which is
> annoying because it worked last time I tried it).  It certainly
> seems to get the CVS/Entries right in any case.

Hooray! You did a really good job, Tony! Thanks. Both the "checkout"
and "checkout -d" commands I had problems with in the last week work
fine (again ;-) after a server update to 2.0.1a.

It still needs an extra update to "transform" the .Log files
into the "WinCVS-understandable" ones in some subdirs after a
"checkout ampermod" but thats WinCVS's problem. I read somewhere that
CVS gathers some performance from not rewriting the Entries file in
some minor operations "not worth the rewrite".

I'm very happy with that solution. BTW: This fixed the good old CVS
bug where ampersand modules generated wrong output on update and
checkout. Nice to see that 2.0.x does no longer try to be
bug-compatible with 1.11.x ;-)

> It's possible you're the only one using ampersand modules, but it'd
> be nice if it worked.

Are you serious here?

Thanks for all,
  OK.