[cvsnt] Minor bug in 2.0.3 stable: no error message with compression enabled.

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 30 22:32:12 BST 2003

Tony,

I found a minor bug with the stable 2.0.3 release.  When using compression,
I don't get the proper error message back (but compression works properly
otherwise).  Pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Note that the lock errors are because of my own permissions setup (which I'm
revising currently).

D:\My_Data\Temp\user>cvs -d :sspi:gstarrett-user at architect:\test co .
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `D:/cvs/repositories/test'
(D:/c
vs/repositories/test/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`D:/cvs/repositories/test'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

D:\My_Data\Temp\user>cvs -z6 -d :sspi:gstarrett-user at architect:\test co .
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

D:\My_Data\Temp\user>cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.3 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.3 (client/server)
<<<<<

I haven't checked other commands to see if this happens with other commands
or not.

Glen Starrett
glen.starrett at honeywell.com
Senior Systems Architect, Tools & Technology
Project Operations, Honeywell IC