[cvsnt] Repeat issue: Export doesnt work properly anymore (2.0.4and 2.0.8)

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Aug 12 23:40:03 BST 2003

> Are you possibly using a version of CVSNT that is more recent
> than the published setup for 2.0.8??? Because the exact
> output you show above is what I don't get no matter which
> version of 2.0.x I use. Latest test was 2.0.8 on both client
> and server.

My results are consistent with Bo's:

C:\temp\junk>cvs -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot export -r
HEAD -d useme cool/images
cvs export: Updating useme
U useme/cr_logo_hi_contr.gif
[...]

C:\temp\junk>cvs -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot export -r
HEAD -d useme2 -N cool/images
cvs export: Updating useme2
U useme2/cr_logo_hi_contr.gif
[...]

C:\temp\junk>cvs -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.1a (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client/server)

Same thing happens on my Win98 test machine that has a 2.0.8 client--the
-N seems to have no effect.

C:\temp>cvs95 -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client/server)

C:\temp>cvs95 -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot export -r HEAD
-d useme2 -N cool/images
cvs export: Updating useme2
U useme2/cr_logo_hi_contr.gif
[...]

C:\temp>cvs95 -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot export -r HEAD
-d useme3  cool/images
cvs export: Updating useme3
U useme3/cr_logo_hi_contr.gif
[...]