[cvsnt] Repeat issue: Export doesnt work properly anymore (2.0.4 and 2.0.8)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 12 20:58:54 BST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:35:45 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:08:44 +0200, "Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se>
>wrote:
>
>>Example:
>>cvs export -r HEAD -d WSMDB-CS -N Drivers/sentinel
>>is supposed to put files into:
>>WSMDB-CS/Drivers/Sentinel and below depending on the depth of the module
>>but it comes out into WSMDB-CS/ instead...
>>
>>My problem is still here with the 2.0.8 I grabbed today so I am wondering
>>which will be the "next" release when the export -N functionlaity is restored?
>>The only old version I have available is b72 and this works correctly.
>>
>Works perfectly here:
>
>D:\t>cvs -d d:/repo export -r HEAD -d foo develop/include
>cvs export: Updating foo
>U foo/16BitHeaders.h
>U foo/AFXIMPL.H
>U foo/DbgHelp.h
>
>D:\t>cvs -d d:/repo export -r HEAD -d foo -N develop/include
>cvs export: Updating foo/develop/include
>U foo/develop/include/16BitHeaders.h
>U foo/develop/include/AFXIMPL.H
>U foo/develop/include/DbgHelp.h
>
>It's worked for quite a while, actually (since a day or two after you first
>reported it).
>
>Tony

Are you possibly using a version of CVSNT that is more recent than the
published setup for 2.0.8???
Because the exact output you show above is what I don't get no matter
which version of 2.0.x I use.
Latest test was 2.0.8 on both client and server.

Maybe my last resort is to actually check in an old version of cvs and
then export it together with the build scripts and let them execute
this cvs when the main cvs operations are done....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)