[cvsnt] TIME_ZONE_INFORMAATION Bug?

mlschneider at bucketofbolts.net mlschneider at bucketofbolts.net
Thu Aug 14 20:15:59 BST 2003

This is in reference to a bug indicated by previous post summarized below.

Recently, I have been receiving the following error when I commit a file. For
example, I just committed a binary file (new revision: 1.2; previous revision:
1.1) to the repository and received the error below six times.

cvs server: Internal error: p_test_date must be an actual date, not
TIME_ZONE_INFORMAATION format.

My environment is currently Windows 2000 Professional, SP4 on the client with
WinCVS 1.3.13 acting as my front-end. At the back end, I have a Windows NT 4.0
Workstation SP6a.

cvs --version on the client indicates:
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)

cvs --version on the server indicates:
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.4 (client/server)

I don't recall having this issue when I first moved from cvs (on *nix) to cvsnt.
There is potential that this issue may have coincided with the installation of
W2K SP4 on my workstation.

I haven't raised the issue until now because it appears that, with the exeption
of the errors, everything is working fine.

Do you have any additional thoughts in addition to what you have already stated?

Thanks for your time.

 On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:41:38 -0800, "Ganesh Krishnan"
 <ganesh.krishnan at timesgroup.com> wrote:

 --Snip--

 >Hi !
 >whenever i use CVS via IBM Webshphere studio or via the command line i
 >get the error specified above.
 >I am running evaluation copy of windows 2003 beta 1

 Looks like a bug in the OS to me - the only way I could see that happening is
 if FileTimeToSystemTime is returning invalid data.  That's the problem with
 running a beta OS...

 The error message is misleading, basically what it's saying is that the wYear
 element of the SYSTEMTIME structure is zero, which means it's not initialised
 correctly.

 I suggest debugging through it to see what it actually is returning, then
 filling a report with MS.