[cvsnt] Error reading from server

M. Johann Petersen johann.petersen at jagaerfran.se
Fri Aug 15 06:25:55 BST 2003

Hi Glen,

"Glen Starrett" <grstarrett at cox.net> wrote in
news:mailman.0.1060903856.402.cvsnt at cvsnt.org:
>> Isn't there a way to turn on a debug mode to see exactly what
>> file or dir
>> is causing the error?
>
> Yes, there is.  I believe you stop the CVS server, then run cvsservice
> -d but I haven't tried that in awhile.

Hm, never ran it interactively before, so I don't know whether the errors
existed prior to the big failure.

#cvsservice.exe -test
CVS 2.0.8 (Jul 24 2003) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to F:\cvstemp
Initialising socket...ok
Impersonation is enabled
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Socket Failed (Handle=ffffffff Family=23,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): Es wurde
eine Adresse verwendet, die mit dem angeforderten Protokoll nicht
kompatibel ist.  (not fatal)
Starting named pipe server...
Registering service SPN... failed (Error 1332)
Error: Registering cvs service SPN failed (error 1332)
CVS initialised successfully
0269b51e: Process 00000730 started
0269b58b: Process 00000730 terminated

The german error text means something like "Used an address which is
uncompatible with the requested protocol".

"Process started" is issued, when trying a CVS operation with a client and
is instantly followed by "Process terminated" with the "Error reading from
server" message on the client.

Bye,
Johann