[cvsnt] The command line is too long.

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Mon Aug 18 17:40:19 BST 2003

Hi,

We recently went live on our new CVSNT server after about 3 months of
preparation.
Its the first working day after that. So far so good.

But one thing that just came up was someone was putting in a major
development branch in our library (about 1300 files) and he added the
branch tag just fine, then tried to commit.
------------------------------8<--------------------------------------------
-------
cvs commit -m "Commit for lib12xxx_branch.  This branch will live on top of
MD3 for NYL develop..." (in directory E:\WORK\lib12xxx\library\main\)
cvs commit: Examining .
The command line is too long.

cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
-------

To me, the command line looks rather short :-) He ended up committing it in
three pieces. Is there some internally generated command line that it is
complaining about? Can that space be dynamically allocated?

Thanks,