[cvsnt] Re: CVS -cannot connect

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Dec 10 05:25:43 GMT 2003

> down.  The standard advice to uninstall the AV seems to work
> 90% of the
> time... beyond that I can't really help.

...And uninstall "personal firewalls", as I think they have caused more
breakage than AV in recent memory.

You could try running cvsservice in debug mode (I think it's "cvsservice -t"
or something like that) to see if you're seeing an incoming connection.
There are a couple normal complaints about Kerberos when it starts up in
test mode if you aren't on an AD system which is nothing to be concerned
about.

Regards,

Glen Starrett