[cvsnt] Re: RFC: Depereciating file based locking

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 11 21:59:13 GMT 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:37:22 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>What are peoples thoughts on this?

Do it!
And also if possible find a way to control all these server settings
from the Control Panel instead of from the config file. I think most
new people will not realize that they will need to go into the config
file to set things up since there is such a good tool in the Control
Panel. They think they are all done there...
Of course I realize that with the current scheme you can serve several
repositories and use lockserver for one and file locks for another,
but that is in my mind not an advantage, rather a disadvantage. It
probably happens when a new repoitory is initialized and the admnin
does not realize that the new repository will use file locks by
default.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)