[cvsnt] website closed for now

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Dec 20 23:31:48 GMT 2003

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Seriously though, it's amazing how incredibly LAME some people are.  Is
> there a way to have a user-registration with that wiki?  It would be a
> shame to have to force everyone to register or make the whole site
> immutable, but some are only interested in trashing other's work.

Yes, and that helps with a lot of stuff, but there are some of the dark
corners of the wiki that seem to have stats etc. that take an age & lots of
CPU to generate.  I'll have to go through the logs to find them though as I
have *no idea* how to find them legitimately!

I was using throttling but it isn't enough - the server can easily support a
few dozen users (probably hundreds, but the bandwidth maxes out before it
gets that far) just viewing pages, but the CPU intensive pages are an
exception to the rule... two or three idiots can bring the server to a
complete halt.