[cvsnt] Naming and numbering conventions?

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Tue Dec 23 17:24:18 GMT 2003

> Can you recommend a good open source issue and bug
> tracking tool that will work well in a Windows-only
> development environment?

I'm sorry but I can't.  Our company wanted something more CRM than pure
development and we implemented a product called CustomerFirst from RTI.
http://www.custfirst.com/home.html  The package has flaws like all
software but overall has been good for my company from tech support
through development and license/contract administration.  We certainly
needed the discipline that implementing multi-thousand dollar software
brings.  <grin>

If anybody else is using CustFirst on this list I can give you some
loginfo hooks for activity insertion on commits which have helped us
immensely.

I have been wanting to try RT http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/ for a
while because I've heard great things about it and it's open source.
Perl based too which for me, a Perl hacker, is very appealing.

And then there's always Bugzilla which Tony might be able to comment on
since CVSNT uses it.  I've heard it can be a real pain to setup and the
interface has never really impressed me much but that is probably
because I'm not used to it.

--Aric