[cvsnt] hangs on login

Darin McGill Darin.McGill at synappsinc.com
Fri Dec 26 07:07:13 GMT 2003

Oh great and noble CVSNT developers,

I'm trying to use cvsnt as a cvs client on a winXP system, and have gotten
stuck.  I know that cvsnt conceived as a cvs-server; if it's a bad choice
 of client, don't read the rest of this message: just reply with a
suggested command line cvs client for windows (I've had problems with
winCVS and prefer the command line anyway).

My problem is illustrated as:

C:\tmp>set
CVSROOT=:pserver:darin at 172.16.20.119:/home/cvs/genecodes/seqcolreplacement
C:\tmp>cvs login
Logging in to
:pserver:darin at 172.16.20.119:2401:/home/cvs/genecodes/seqcolreplacement
CVS password:

After entering my password, I don't get a command prompt back;
the behavior I observer is similar to what "cat > /dev/null" does
on a unix system, but ctrl-Z<enter> doesn't terminate input.
This is not the same behavior I observe with regular cvs on linux.
What's going on here, and what am I supposed to do?  Is there
the equivilant of ~/.cvspass for cvsnt, and if so, where does it go?

Thanks for your help.
Darin McGill