[cvsnt] RE: log output format changed - bug?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 11 10:52:37 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:36:43 +0100, "Hartmut Honisch"
<hartmut_honisch at web.de> wrote:

>----------------------------
>Revision : 1.13
>Date : 2003/2/9 7:9:47
>Author : 'hhonisch'
>State : ''
>Description :
>€ +1 -1; commitid: 5383e45feba592c;
>*** empty log message ***
>
>----------------------------
><---snip--->
>
>See how "Description" is broken?

I know about that one... things like graph still work though so I'm
not too worried about it.

>In TortoioseCVS, right-click on a file and select CVS->History, and you'll
>see the broken comment text which is due to the missing semicolon.
>Is the trailing semicolon after "commitid" going to stay? It wasn't there a
>few builds earlier, and I patched Tortoise and WinCVS to handle that.

It's just a bit easier to parse with the extra semicolon, which is why
it's there...  if I add more text in the future it'll be easier for
frontends to ignore it (in theory).

The tortoise 'History' command works fine (as far as I can tell) with
the fix in.