[cvsnt] problems with diff

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 12 11:06:42 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:39:56 -0500, "Paul St. John"
<pstjohn at visible-bytes.com> wrote:

>======
>On files I've modified and then commited I will get the following
>error when
>
>"cvs [server aborted]: invalid change text in
>CVSROOT/project/subdirectory/foo.cpp"
>
>(directory locations and files names changed to protect the innocent...
>well,
>really just to keep things generic and simple..)

There are two known causes for this:

1. An odd combination of permissions on the temp directory caused the
commit to fail. This was fixed in build 65 (it's rare, as most people
wouldn't set their temp directory in this way).

2. Realtime File Protection on NAV.  This must be disabled for any
directories that the cvsnt server touches.

>TECH SPECS
>cvsnt version 1.11.1.3 (Build 62) running on Win2000 Server (PIII, 700MHz,
>256MB)

Don't use anything earlier than build 65 on the server side especially
if you're already experiencing problems.