[cvsnt] problems with diff

Paul St. John pstjohn at visible-bytes.com
Wed Feb 12 16:29:41 GMT 2003

Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Some questions:

1) do you think the original error:
"[diff aborted]: end of file from server"
is related to the second error:
"invalid change text"?

I was actually investigating the first (aborted error) and
encountered the second (invalid error) just before posting
my question.  I received the "invalid" error after committing
a harmless change to a file exhibiting the "aborted" error
to try and help characterize the behaviour.  I have seen
the many messages on the NAV/cvsnt conflict.  I am running
AVG 6.0.445 on both the server and client.  I have a remote
user that is running Norton but the file started manifesting the
"invalid change text" error after _I_ checked in.

The permissions on the temp directory are "Everyone - Full control"

Thoughts?

2)  Can I somehow fix the ,v files?  I have looked at a ,v file that
is exhibiting the problem side-by-side with one that isn't but can't
see and real difference (didn't use a hex viewer which might show
something different...)

3)  The Nav conflict is one that is much talked about but all the
info is spread across many messages.  Is the a synopsis of the all
the known details re: this issue?

4)  What are your thoughts behind the comment "don't use anything
earlier than Build 65"?  Isn't Build 62 just a few months old?

TIA,
-Paul.