[cvsnt] WinCVS configuration for using "cvsnt"

Jonas Dageförde jdagefoerde at web.de
Thu Feb 13 16:38:04 GMT 2003

Hi someone,
I am on my way to install version control and I am struggling...

My installation:
WinNT 4.0 SP6 on computer "RTBLN3159" running CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 71) which I set to:
"Repository prefix checked and set to d:\jonas\cvs_repositories" and
"\jonas" as the only repository root.

Now I logged on as user (with all rights on "d:\test") and tried to work with WinCVS 1.3.11.1 Beta 11 (Build 1) (also on "RTBLN3159") with the following configuration under "Admin -> Preferences...":
"General"-Tab:
"Authentication = ntserver"
"Path = d:\jonas\cvs_repositories"
"Host address = RTBLN3159"
and
"CVS"-Tab:
"HOME (...) = d:\jonas\atest"

...now I tried to add the file "text.txt" with "Modify -> Add selection" located in "d:\jonas\atest" and got the result:
cvs add Text.txt (in directory D:\jonas\ATest)
cvs [add aborted]: d:/jonas/cvs_repositories/test: no such repository

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I must admit that I am completely new to CVS, CVSNT and WinCVS.

Thanks in advance
Jonas