[cvsnt] Couldn't connect to named pipe

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 20 06:33:31 GMT 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:31:40 -0800 (PST), Aaron <agmz at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Bo wrote:
>> it also presupposes that you are
>> setting up the server and are sitting at the server
>> console
>
>Oddly enough I was sitting at the server console.  Not
>sure why the firewall came into play.
>
>However, I was doing several things wrong.  My CVSROOT
>did not specify a user as in
>
>CVSROOT=:ntserver:aaron at cvs_server:/Test
>
>and I hadn't logged in when issueing the cvs passwd
>command.  Maybe it was a bogus message because of
>this.
>
>Aaron

No, the :ntserver: protocol will not accept the user at server root and
it will not accept a cvs login. But sspi will..
There is one other thing that might cause this behaviour with ntserver
and this is if you have not specified "use local users...". Then the
user is checked against a domain and this might cause the problems.
If you use the local users and are sitting at the server console and
are a local admin, then you should get the connection to work.
Don't know whty this failed, but since you are now fine with sspi -
what the heck...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)