[cvsnt] Can't connect to CvsNT server

Thomas Muller ttm at online.no
Thu Feb 27 16:12:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

We've been running CvsNT for a couple of years without any hassle. My
problem now is getting CvsNT to work on a different box; this box has two
network interfaces: one "dirty" connection to the Internet, and one USB
network interface to the internal LAN. I've set the BindAddress registry
setting to the external interface.

CvsNT installs and seems to work OK (it creates a repository and starts up
fine), but when I telnet to port 2401 it disconnects immediately with
"Connection to host lost". All other stuff on this box works fine, including
the network connections. I can telnet to all the other servers on the box,
and they all respond correctly.

See attached file for packet data received when WinCVS was running on port
6135, and I tried to connect to it over the open Net.

Platform: Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195] SP3, CVSNT 1.11.1.3-73

Any ideas or input would be much appreciated.

--

Thomas

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.