[cvsnt] OT: Which VS6 files to store in CVS?

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Fri Feb 28 14:16:48 GMT 2003

Torsten Wrote ...
-----Original Message-----
From: torsten at tiscali.dk [mailto:torsten at tiscali.dk]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 5:01 AM
To: CVSNT
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] OT: Which VS6 files to store in CVS?

Confirmed. In fact MS explicitly discourages you from puttin .opt and others
under version control, since they are specific to the local machine. You
can look it up in the MSDN Library.

[snip]

Torsten,
I was looking at MSDN trying to find where they recommend not placing .opt
(and possibly other project files) under source control and I couldn't find
it.  Can you provide a link to the msdn online page or the chapter and
heading where you found this information.

We use CVSNT/WinCVS for our Fortran Programs created in Visual Fortran which
is not an MS product but which licensed the MS developer studio for its IDE.
We do keep our project files in CVS mainly because there are so many
settings and options available to the developer, some of which if set
differently can result in different output generated from the same source
code.  I wonder how they suggest developers coordinate what IDE settings to
use with a specific project if the project files are not under source
control.

Erik W. Warren
Sr. Engineer - Flt. Ops. Engineering
Delta Air Lines