[cvsnt] Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine

rolfonso at gmx.de rolfonso at gmx.de
Thu Jan 2 22:53:10 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am using WinXP and CVSNT 1.11.1.3. After I installed CVSNT, I cannot
create an user account it. CVS Service and CVS Locking Service are running.

When I executed

set cvsroot=:ntserver:laptop:/TEST	(Repostitory TEST exists)
cvs passwd -a <my real nt-username>

the following error message show up

cvs [passwd aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine:
Error 12
31

The installation tips say that I should use only NTFS file system. I do, all
things regarding to CVSNT are on NTFS. Besides this, I have some FAT32
partitions as well. Another things is that I am using Norton Internet Security.
But this tool didn't show a message when tried to create an user account.

I hope you can help me.

Greeting,

Rolf