[cvsnt] New fields in CVSNT Repo file confuse ViewCVS

Phil Dye phil.dye at alchemydigital.com
Fri Jan 3 17:00:19 GMT 2003

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:auepop$b1l$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
> ViewCVS - the new fields are valid within the existing RCS specification
> (see 'man rcsfile'), and ViewCVS should just be ignoring them if it
doesn't
> use them, just like older versions of CVS do.

I had similar symptoms (tracebacks within ViewCVS, reporting problems with
unknown error messages from rlog (from memory)).

It turned out it wasn't actually a problem with the RCS fields output by
rlog at all (ViewCVS has code to handle that already) - it was acutally
because I had set the repository root to be "<drive
letter>:\path\to\repository", and the extra colon was breaking it. I changed
it to \\<servername\<driveletter>$\path\to\repository and it's been fine
since.

HTH,

--
Phil Dye, Technical Services Manager