[cvsnt] Can't build Build 65

Jim Hyslop jhyslop at ieee.org
Thu Jan 9 02:09:49 GMT 2003

I'm running build 65 of cvsnt, and I'm getting the same crash as Juanma
Barranquero mentioned in December (see the thread "[cvsnt] Crash using
Builds 62/63").

I downloaded the source .tar.gz file, and tried building it using both
Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Studio 7.0 so that I could track down the
problem, but both fail to compile the file cvsservice/Service.cpp,
complaining that addrinfo is an undeclared identifier:

C:\cvsnt-1.11.1.3\cvsservice\Service.cpp(169) : error C2065: 'addrinfo'
: undeclared identifier

The source in question is:

void CALLBACK ServiceMain(DWORD dwArgc, LPTSTR *lpszArgv)
{
	char szTmp[8192];
	char szTmp2[8192];
	char szAllowRoot[16384];
	char szAuthServer[32];
	char szRepoPrefix[MAX_PATH];
	DWORD dwTmp,dwType;
	HKEY hk;
	int seq=1,err;
	LPCTSTR szNode;
	addrinfo *pAddrInfo; // error at this line

What is the correct incantation I need to get this to compile? :-)

Thanks!

--
Jim