[cvsnt] Script execution denied and upgrade procedure (57g -> 65)

Nicholas Yue nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com
Mon Jan 13 04:58:06 GMT 2003

Hi,

  I am currently running CVS NT 1.11.1.3 (build 57g) on a .Net Server RC1
machine.

  I edited verifymsg to trigger the check of the log message (so that users
are not allow to checkin stuff without any log message).

  My users keep getting:

    "cvs server: Script execution failed"

  because they do not have Windows Administrator previliges on the .NET
(CVS) server machine (why should they?) [I have no problem executing the
script as I am an administrator on the .NET machine]

  Should I run CVSNT on a .NET server (since it is already at RC)? Is that a
recommended operating system for CVS server? If not, what would be a better
operating system? Do I need to run the server version of the operating
system?

  In the event that I need to migrate my repository over to another CVS
server, what are the steps?

  Is the "cvs server: Script execution failed" problem resolved with build
65? If so, what is the procedure for upgrading from build 57g to build 65?
Does the installer takes care of things? Any particular things to prepare or
watch out for?

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue