[cvsnt] Re: Script execution denied and upgrade procedure (57g -> 65)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 13 18:09:16 GMT 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:58:06 +0800, "Nicholas Yue"
<nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com> wrote:

>  because they do not have Windows Administrator previliges on the .NET
>(CVS) server machine (why should they?) [I have no problem executing the
>script as I am an administrator on the .NET machine]

Presumably you're trying to run something that requires administrator
priviliges as part of the commitinfo/loginfo scripts.   If you change
it so that the script runs as a non-administrator then it should work.

It's also possible that .NET server has changed something so it's
impossible to run scripts on it at all unless you're an administrator.
In that case I can't help.

>  Should I run CVSNT on a .NET server (since it is already at RC)? Is that a
>recommended operating system for CVS server? If not, what would be a better

No.  Beta versions of operating systems are not supported.