[cvsnt] Strange behavior of CVSNT

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Fri Jan 17 09:54:44 GMT 2003

Hello Tony,

TH> Richard Wirth wrote:

>> Hello Tony,
>>
>> when ever I try to update my linux box, I get this error message:
>> ? protocols/.deps
>> cvs [server aborted]: Notify commands require write access to the
>> repository
>>

TH> Wierd..  I've not been able to reproduce that here.  I usually test against
TH> 1.11.2 though...  It's possible 1.11 did something different.

TH> Does 'cvs -t' tell you anything useful?

It tells nothing intersting...

Using the cvsnt version for linux I get the 'connection reset by peer'
problem mentioned by many others.

And another strange thing:

When I use the cvs 1.11 which comes whith gCvs, I sometimes get
'Notify commnads require write access' and some times I get
'Connection reset by peer' and other times I get 'recieved broken
pipe'. But in all cases a tcpdump shows the connection was reset by
the foreign host. May be cvs 1.11 gives a misleading error message?

When do the same actions to my local cvsnt-server, all goes well
independent of the version of the client I actually use.

I'll instrument the pserver_protocol to get a trace of the raw data...

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de