[cvsnt] Re[2]: [cvsnt] Strange behavior of CVSNT

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 17 10:14:17 GMT 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:54:44 +0100, Richard Wirth
<r.wirth at wirthware.de> wrote:

>Using the cvsnt version for linux I get the 'connection reset by peer'
>problem mentioned by many others.

??  Only one person has mentioned that, and that's WSAD which isn't
supported anyway (IBM have officially stated it works with Unix CVS
only, and I'm happy to live with that).

>And another strange thing:
>
>When I use the cvs 1.11 which comes whith gCvs, I sometimes get
>'Notify commnads require write access' and some times I get
>'Connection reset by peer' and other times I get 'recieved broken
>pipe'. But in all cases a tcpdump shows the connection was reset by
>the foreign host. May be cvs 1.11 gives a misleading error message?

It's possible it's trying to send some kind of watch command, which
you can't do with a read only user, obviously.