[cvsnt] CVS update and permission mismatch between working file and ...

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Mon Jan 20 07:35:18 GMT 2003

Hello Tony,

I've just done an update off cvsnt on my NT development box. Ofcause
there are some localy modified files. And I expected cvs to merge the
changes from the repository. But I got:
--->
cvs server: server.c: permission mismatch between working file and 1.59.4.39
U src/server.c
cvs server: nonmergeable file needs merge
cvs server: revision 1.59.4.39 from repository is now in src/server.c
cvs server: file from working directory is now in .#server.c.1.59.4.35
C src/server.c
<---

.#server.c.1.59.4.35 has no write protection set and full access to
everyone.
server.c (after the update) has no write protection set and full
access to everyone. So where the hell is a permission mismatch?
The whole sandbox is checked out read/write!

--
Best regards,
 Richard                          mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de