[cvsnt] passwd command problem

Tomasz Czarnecki tczarnecki at abc.com.pl
Tue Jan 21 15:15:33 GMT 2003

CVSNT ver. 66 running on domain server W2K.
CVSROOT=:pserver:DOMAIN_NT\alan at moon:e:\cvs\root

I try to change the password for user alan with: "cvs passwd" and I get the
following output:

Changing password for DOMAIN_NT\alan at moon
New password: **
Verify password: **
cvs [server aborted]: Could not find DOMAIN_NT#alan in password file

If I add DOMAIN_NT#alan entry to it works, but password is added to this
entry.

If I as CVS administrator change password with: "cvs passwd DOMAIN_NT\alan"
it prints the following:

Changing password for DOMAIN_NT\alan at moon
New password: **
Verify password: **
cvs server: error 0 Invalid username - cannot specify domain as machine is
not acting as a domain member
cvs server: *WARNING* CVS user 'DOMAIN_NT\alan' will not be able to log in
until they are aliased to a valid system user.

After that password is changed and user DOMAIN_NT\alan can logon.

What's the problem with this DOMAIN_NT#alan stuff. This way users are not
able to change their passwords themselves.

Sincerely,
Tomasz Czarnecki.