[cvsnt] Connect to CVSNT with SSH

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 24 16:05:28 GMT 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:54:14 +0400, "iwds" <iwds at htc-cs.com> wrote:

>I'm a newbee with CVS. I need to set up CVSNT on W2K Server machine and open
>it for access from Unix and NT4 clients.
>As I understood I have to use pserver mode with SSH. Can you point to where
>I can start from with this task?
>I have installed CVSNT 1.11.1.3-66 and it installed CVSSSH service. I
>suppose that it's what I need but I can't find any description of this
>service.
>Please help.

cvsssh is experimental at the moment.  It might work but there's just
as much chance that it won't.

pserver and ssh are different.  If you're just on a LAN pserver should
be enough.  Use sspi access for the Windows clients and pserver for
the Unix ones.  If you're trying this over the internet you'll
probably have to try to get ssh working.