[cvsnt] Shared folder problems and workarounds

Adam Shand ashand at pixelworks.com
Fri Jan 31 20:48:09 GMT 2003

I see from the FAQ that CVSNT only works on shared folders if you only
use pserver and disable impersonation.  Unfortunately that pretty much
kills most of our justification for moving from Unix CVS (being able to
control access via Windows file permissons).

I didn't see any justification for why it can't work so I don't know if
it's just a hard feature to implement correctly or if there are reasons
that it can never work properly.

If it's just hard to do properly my company would be willing to pay
someone to have this feature implemented, if it can be done in such a
way that is is incorporated into the main CVSNT tree.

If someone could let me know if this is feasible or not I would much
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Adam.