[cvsnt] Edit in offline mode

pushok contact at pushok.com
Wed Jul 2 22:20:17 BST 2003

Ok, thank you.. Hope I find decision on my side... One question more if possible...

    It is interesting thing with unedit behavior and VS 6.0 or .NET. Once you decide the undo chekout the file after some unsuccesfull modifications you should use cvs unedit comand (since for chekout used cvs edit).
    So the problem is that the date (timestamp) of "unedited file" is from the past, and the IDE (VC) do not want automatically rebuild unedited file, until explicetley specified. Since it chek up to date status of files using timestamp.
    The decision of problem is correct timestamp of unedited file to the current date, so the IDE will know that it changed. But since the file stamp is used to determine chekin/chekout status of file (date is compared with files from cvs\entries) the date in cvs\entries should be changed also.
    But I not sure, how the correction of date for local file and in cvs\entries will affect entire CVS behavior. Is it safe?
    Of course it is possible to clean entire project with unedited file, but I am trying to find more comfortable solution. May be any other ideas?

Thank you,
Igor Pushkov