[cvsnt] Problem with CVS LOGIN

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 8 11:56:01 BST 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:45:14 +0200, thierry.vermeersch at nl.abb.com wrote:

>Is there a way to include the password on the cvs login command? Is it
>possible to extend $CVSROOT with password?

You can do that using the username:password syntax...  it's generally not
needed though (plus there are security issues).  You can also use the cvsgui
protocol to handle login for a frontend.

>Furthermore, I cannot get the .cvspass file to work for me: is it actually
>possible to use this login in Win32 environment?

With Win32 it's better to use something like sspi which doesn't usually need a
login.  You should never try to manipulate .cvspass files directly as they're
liable to change without notice (cvsnt for Unix uses .cvs/cvspass, for
example, wheras the Win32 version uses the registry).