[cvsnt] [cvsWeb_nt]"Diff to previous.." not working

Thierry Bothorel thierry.bo at netcourrier.com
Thu Jul 10 14:10:56 BST 2003

Hi,

after a lot of struggle with cvsweb_nt, I finally got it to work with
ActivePerl 5.8 and Apache 1.3.27. I had the message "Error: Failed to
spawn GNU rlog...". After reading all related messages from google, I
replaced rcs57nt.zip (from http:/ftp.cvshome.org/release/binary/rcs) and
cvs-1-11-5.zip from cvhome.org (for cvs.exe file) with cvsnt-2.0.5-bin.zip
from http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki. As all needed cvs and rcs files are
included in cvsnt, except diff.exe, as stated in
'http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvswebIIS.htm', I added diff.exe
from http://ftp.cvshome.org/rcs/diff27nt.zip to the same directory as
cvsnt.

After these changes I can go further than the first page and browse my
local repository (I use :local: mode, no cvs server). But if I try "Diff
to previous x.x", or Default 'Colored Diff' (and 'Long Colored diff'), the
browser freeze (it stay on the same page infinitely until I stop it. Only
Unidiff, 'Context Diff' and 'Side by Side" works (all display a plain text
page).

As there is no error message (displayed or in Apache error.log), I can't
figure out where is the problem. Adding or removing diff.exe from the
cvsnt folder does not affect anything.

Thanks,

Thierry B.