[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt status

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 15 15:02:30 BST 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:47:55 -0400, John Peacock <jpeacock at rowman.com> wrote:

>Actually, you don't have to use Apache unless you want WebDAV access (and then
>you can run Apache on another port just for Subversion).  The model handles
>multiple transport methods; currently only local file, DAV, or a custom svn
>protocol exist.  But, I suspect that when the database backends are available,
>they will use the native database transport method.  It would even be fairly
>trivial to wrap SSPI around the svn protocol (it currently understands ssh
>encapsulation).

That's changed, then... years ago when I was starting cvsnt I looked at
subversion & when I asked about adding another protocol I was essentially told
it was DAV or nothing...  since I wanted Windows integration it wasn't an
option to continue down that path.  I even offered to implement it for them
but was basically told to get lost.