[cvsnt] gserver using Active Directory doesn't work anymore withnewer CVSNT versions.

Jon Rabone Jon.Rabone at criticalblue.com
Mon Jul 21 09:05:00 BST 2003

Tony wrote:

> gserver on cvsnt has bitrotted,
> basically because nobody (least of all me)
> has a clue how to make it work.

We're using gserver (with CVS 1.11.1.3) from a Debian/Unstable box onto a
Win2K Active Directory, which of course works fine. What has changed in the
move to 2.0 that might have broken it? I can devote a small amount of time
to fixing trivial things.

For us, it's very convenient; we have a single sign-on network using Active
Directory on Windows and LDAP / Kerberos / Samba 3.0 on Linux. I would hate
to have to move SCM systems to something less capable.

Jon.