[cvsnt] Re: Mergepoint question

John Hall john.hall at optex.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 15:04:22 BST 2003

Hi,

I've recently switched from keeping track of merges with a tag to using
mergepoints, which are great btw. There is one question I have, however.
Sometimes there are changes on the branch that you don't actually want to
merge across (for example a header file containing the version number). With
the tag method I used to just move the 'merged' tag along without merging.
Is there an equivalent using mergepoints?

At the moment I am doing something like this:

    > cvs up -j branch
    > cvs up -p version.h >version.h
    > cvs com

which seems a little messy, although I guess perfectly acceptable. I just
wondered if there was a better way.

Regards,
John