[cvsnt] Guest inserted in Author (was: "Possible security risk")

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 13 17:50:48 BST 2003

My knowledge on the guest account is limited since I never use it.  When you
add a new file, who is the owner in the repository?  What cvsroot are you
using?  What permissions are assigned to the repository?

Maybe something in those answers can jog some responses from the list.

I suppose it's possible that you aren't specifying credentials and it's
using guest by default, but that would be an NT behavior that I wouldn't
expect to see.  You might try removing gust authority from the repository
for starters, assuming it has access now.

Glen Starrett