[cvsnt] Instable release version?!?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jun 15 21:14:04 BST 2003

Ralf Steinhaeusser wrote:

> I just found it confusing that the current release version (with an
> older version number) has a newer date than the development version.
> (Typically the development version is rather new)

The real development version is the one in cvs... I release them when
they're stable enough to actually do anything with (which at the moment
it's not), however the releases get updated from time to time if someone
finds a serious bug (nothing serious enough to warrant a new release for a
while, though theres a few niggly ones).

> Any ideas what's wrong here?
> HEEEELP!!!

Try Bo's answer... might work.  I know that compression can sometimes muck
up, but I've never been able to reproduce it, so I've no idea whether it's
something to do with zlib or maybe a timing problem in cvs itself.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips#head-c7116629a6a855cb774d9c7c8ad822fd83c71fb5
> it is claimed that you HAVE TO reboot.

I generally don't bother... it's been known to help... I've no problem with
the tutorial saying you have to reboot as it saves support problems later
:)

> The path variable was never set on both computers I tried. (So I had to
> set it manually)

It's actually set in both system and user paths, just in case... In your
german OS they haven't changed the registry keys have they???  I set
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\Path and
HKCU\Environment\Path