Antwort: Re: [cvsnt] : cvsgraph problems with cvsnt-style RCS file format

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Wed Jun 25 12:02:55 BST 2003

Hi,

from

id is defined as ::= {num} idchar {idchar | num}*
with
idchar ::=any visible graphic character except special (special is $ | , |
, | : | ; | @)
and
num ::= {digit | .}+

I would expect expect an author name 123 as RCS compliant, since idchar
contains digits and num would be a digit (with or without dots), too...
Let me see...the cvsgraph flex rule for the id is {num}?{idchar}
({idchar}|{num})*  which means "an optional num, required idchar, one or
mor optional nums or idchars", where idchar excludes digits
idchar  [!-#%-+\-/<-?A-~\240-\377] (in ASCII the digits are between / and
<)
(from what I understand of the flex syntax). So CVSgraph would expect ad
least one non-digit character.

Check the RCS files in the repository. If cvsnt escapes the author names,
then the patch should work with your names too (since strings can contain
any characters). If not (since 123 is RCS compliant, I'd suggest
to add the digits in the idchar definition, i.e.
idchar   [!-#%-+\-/0-9<-?A-~\240-\377] wich in my understanding would even
go along with the RCS file definition (and hopefully works ;-)).

Hope this helps!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with regards

Markus Gebhardt

ETAS/ESC-ES