[cvsnt] Re: update only CVS folder

zioowo zioowo at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Mar 4 14:56:54 GMT 2003

U¿ytkownik "Lionello Lunesu" <lionello.lunesu at crystalinter.remove.com>
napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:b42b0t$to6$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
> Hi..
>
> > Main problem is not in PB but in Jalindi Igloo, wich does't work well
with
> > PB.
>
> I'm using Jalindi Igloo also, but in Visual C++..
> I basically only use it for 'cvs edit'... Now, if I try to edit a
read-only
> file in visual studio, Jalindi Igloo asks me if I want to 'check out'
> (visual sourcesafe terminoligy) the file, and does the cvs edit for me...
> Updating with Jalindi Igloo is pretty limited, too limited in fact. For
> example, I can not set any IP compression....
>
> I'd advise you only use jalindi Igloo for this handy auto-'cvs
> edit'-when-needed feature, and use the command line cvs (or TortoiseCVS,
> which is what I'm using) for the other CVS operations, where you have more
> control over what CVS is doing to your repository...
>
> L.

heh :-) Jalindi Igloo is dediecated for MS products, so I don't know why it
doesn't work good for you.
PowerBuilder have different method to storage working file. PB use library
(PBL files) to storage all working files.
So my registered project version include only CVS folder and library files
(*.pbl) and when I checkout operation just make cvs edit and import file to
library.
Entires file storage inforamation about files wich are in missing status in
my working direcorty...
I don't want to write more about integration CVS/PB/JALINDI, I just need
simple command to update Entire file, but I think that this command not
exist :-(.

Zioowo